History of 4 Generations
Continuous improvement through knowledge, it's in our DNA!
Perfection in Selection – Selection means Perfection!
The company produces and sells Raes flower seeds and young plants (power plugs) from seed and cuttings for professional gardeners and mail order companies. The company does not sell directly to individuals.
In addition to more than 35,000 m² of high-tech greenhouses, there has also been invested in ultra modern seed and blowing machines and order processing software with a sophisticated barcode system.
A brief overview of our history
- Cultivating Begonia tubers
- Breeding Begonia and Gloxinia
- Selling seeds and seedlings
- Passionate Begonia breeder
- High quality Begonia seedlings
- Expanding sales abroad
- Adding bedding plants to the assortment
- Transition from seed boxes to PowerPlugs
- Breeding Primroses
- Adding cuttings to the assortment
- Thorough testing in production and trial field
- Expanding greenhouse production
- Product portfolio larger than ever before
- MPS certified
- Adding ‘Grow & Eat’ to the assortment
Who are we
That is what we achieve with our own Raes genetics of Primula, Viola and Myosotis. Since breeding has been in our DNA from the start of our family business in 1927, we keep on being focused on creating the best material! Our own breeding is available as seed and young plant.
To achieve all this, we are using more than 43,000 m² of greenhouses, fully automatic sowing and filling machines, LED lighting, an automated sticking line and a sophisticated barcode system.
Novelties in our Offer
Years on the Market
Sq meters of Greenhouses